Gym Cake Topper




Is anyone up for a workout today? 

Gym Theme Cake Toppers
One of my good friends got married recently and those cake toppers were made for her husband's groom cake. I was not quite sure how to get started on this project since I also intended to make human figurines (bride and groom; with the groom lifting the bride) which proved to be challenging. To be honest, this project was quite intimidating but I was up for the challenge. 

At the end, I created a gym floor and gym accessories to go with it but I didn't have as much luck with the 'bride and groom figurines'. It was not for lack of trying though. Let's just say that I have a lot more work to do in terms of sculpting humans. I'm going to continue to work on it though. 


A mixture of fondant and gumpaste was used to make these toppers. Some gum-tex was also kneaded in. The toppers had to be shipped so I wanted to be sure that it dried very well.

  • Bigger weights - lollipop sticks were used as the support and varying sizes of the round cutters were used for the 'weights'.
  • Smaller weights - lollipop sticks cut into shorter pieces and covered with fondant/gumpaste were used for the support. The round end of any decorating tip can be used to cut the smaller 'weights'.
  • Workout bench - fondant covered lollipop sticks were also used to create the frame that the work bench sat on. 
  • Gym Floor - this tutorial can help!



Thanks for visiting today! Don't forget to share pics of your edible 'kreations'. Till next time, "Happy Baking!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!