There's fun in Volunteering and I'm Loving it! - Complimentary Classes by Cake4Kids


I know that I've mentioned Cake4Kids several times, but I just wanted to reiterate how exciting it is to work with this organization. The team is very organized and makes it wonderful to work with the organization.
Not only do I love making cakes for foster kids but I also get an opportunity to meet with cake decorators, in the area, who are also volunteers. Cake4Kids organizes several events that bring volunteers together including socials and complimentary classes. I've attended several of the classes and I have been very impressed by the volunteers who teach the classes; I absolutely love it. Hopefully one day I will volunteer to teach a class; I have a lot more to learn first though! 

So far, I've attended:
  • Piping Calligraphy and Basic Floral Decorations by Gosia Hoot 
  • The Basics of Fondant by Lisa Rauchwerger
  • Fondant Flower Class by Joanne Bui
  • Fondant Modeling Class by Joanne Bui

... and there are other exciting classes like 'Cake Baking' which I plan to attend! I'm very excited about all the classes. I've taken the cake decorating classes offered by Michael's Craft Store, so is some overlap sometimes, but it is good to learn new techniques and refresh my skills.


Cupcakes from the Basics of Fondant class
Figurines made during the Fondant Modeling Class; my relaxed panda and my timid bunny!
Did I mention that I signed up for the upcoming CakeOff scheduled for September 13th at the Domain Hotel in Sunnyvale at 6pm. Come support Cake4Kids; check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!