Banana bread





Sometimes we have really overripe bananas in the house. And I mean really overripe. Ripe to the point where you think that the only option is to throw it away as no one would eat it. Some of the bananas may actually need to be thrown away of course, but you can tell by peeling away the skin to reveal what lies beneath. This time around, three out of four of the bananas were still usable so I 'used' it. I turned those bananas into a wonderful nutritious bread for the next day's breakfast.

The recipe was obtained from Chef In You. For this recipe I used brown sugar and I used half the amount that the recipe called for. Also, I replaced half of the butter with plain whole yogurt and I used whole wheat flour (same amount). To top it off I added 1/2 cup wheat bran and 1/2 cup walnuts.




Thanks for visiting today! Don't forget to share pics of your edible 'kreations'. Till next time, "Happy Baking!" 

I look forward to reading your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!