Red Velvet Cupcakes

I used the recipe converter to halve Chuck Hughes' Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe. I also made a few changes along the way; less sugar and oil and more cocoa were added. In addition, I used a cake mixer rather than a food processor. My ingredients list looked like the one below:


 

1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoons red food coloring

1/2 teaspoon vinegar1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups cake flour
1 1/2 tablespoon cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt


My batter yielded a dozen cupcakes. Another red velvet recipe can be found here.

The cupcakes were topped with cashew frosting before serving. Yum...yum...we enjoyed every bit of it.

Thanks for visiting today! Don't forget to share pics of your edible 'kreations'. Till next time, "Happy Baking!" 

I look forward to reading your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!